What does a structural engineer do?

A structural engineer will review the works and suggest solutions to overcome structural issues with the proposals.

Back to top

Do you recommend a structural engineer?

Yes, we can recommend a structural engineer who can provide a quote for their services once a proposal is established.

Back to top

Do you liaise with the engineer regarding our proposals?

Yes, we liaise with the structural engineer involved with the project to ensure the build is achievable. We will also liaise with yourself in case any issues arise.

Back to top

We have received structural engineering drawings and calculations, what happens next?

Once the structural engineer drawings and calculations have been received, we will have a pack of information for you to send to the builder to price for the works and build from. We’ll also send the information to the Building Control inspector so they are aware of the building proposal.

Back to top

The structural engineer drawings are just sketches, are these ok to work from?

From time to time, the structural engineer may provide sketches of their proposals over the top of our drawings. This is a normal procedure to ensure there are no conflicts with the design. Sometimes this process is quicker and more accurate rather than reproducing drawings again.

Back to top

Does the structural engineer offer a consultation?

The structural engineer does not usually offer a consultation. If the works are complex, we would speak to a structural engineer and arrange a necessary visit to see how we go about your proposals. If the works are relatively simple, no visit is necessary and the structural engineer can rely on the information we produce on the drawings.

Back to top

Do you deal with payment for the Structural Engineer?

No, we do not deal with any payment regarding third parties including the structural engineer.

Back to top

I am unclear on the details of the Structural Engineer's drawings, do I contact you or do I deal with the Structural Engineer separately?

You can bring the attention of the matter to us but normally it is best to deal the person responsible. In this case it would be the Structural Engineer.

Back to top

Do you carry out a structural survey?

No, we can not offer a structural survey but we do recommend structural engineers who be happy to offer their services..

Back to top

Back to categories

Feel free to get in touch

Provide us with a few details about your query and we'll contact you to see how we can help

call ben williamsNot sure where to begin?
Call 01793 920265
07944 486178
8am - 6pm Mon - Fri

email ben williamsTell us about your project?
or send a message

location of ben williams20 The Marlestones
Old Town
Driving directions and map

chat to ben williamsGot a planning issue?
chat online now
Click here